The University of Hong Kong

Media Contact Directory

University Museum and Art Gallery 香港大學美術博物館

Contact Information

  • 2241 5500
  • 2546 9659
  • museum@hku.hk
  • http://www.hku.hk/hkumag/
  • The University Museum and Art Gallery (UMAG) is conveniently located at the main entrance of The University of Hong Kong on Bonham Road. The museum is housed in the Fung Ping Shan Building and the lower three storeys of the T T Tsui Building. The Fung Ping Shan Building was donated to The University of Hong Kong by Mr Fung Ping-shan in 1932 for a Chinese book library. In 1953, the building was converted into the Fung Ping Shan Museum of Chinese art and archaeology. With its extension to the T T Tsui Building in 1996, the Museum changed its title to the "University Museum and Art Gallery". The new wing of the Museum was built with a generous donation by Dr T T Tsui, and was officially opened in November 1996. Since its inception in 1953, the UMAG has received continuous support from donors, artists, collectors and the University. Its collections have grown to over one thousand and eighty items of Chinese antiquities, notably bronzes, ceramics and paintings. Vision The University Museum and Art Gallery aspires to generate artistic and cultural experiences that are accessible to people in all walks of life. We seek to encourage greater appreciation of the arts and nurture a stronger sense of cultural values within the Hong Kong community. Mission The University Museum and Art Gallery believes in the power of art to improve the quality of life. Through our collection and activities, we are dedicated to educating the public about the past and present of Chinese and other cultures, and to stimulating life-long learning through both formal and informal education. The Museum is committed to fulfilling its mission by: - maintaining a high standard in its exhibitions and education activities - providing access to its collections and services for the teaching, study and research of Chinese art and culture - developing its collections and services to meet the needs of the University and the community - expanding links with artists, collectors, museum professionals and interested organizations to enhance its collections, exhibitions and education activities - achieving a position of leadership in the promotion of art education in Hong Kong Opening hours: Mon to Sat 9:30 am-6 pm, Sun 1:00-6:00 pm
    香港大學美術博物館座落般咸道大學東閘入口旁的馮平山樓,以及徐展堂樓底下三層。徐展堂樓展廳由徐展堂博士贊助建築經費,於一九九六年十一月正式開放,兩座建築物之間有橋相通,將展廳連貫一起。 馮平山樓於一九三二年由馮平山先生捐款興建,前身是馮平山圖書館。一九五三年改建為收藏中國文物的 馮平山博物館。至一九九六年,與徐展堂樓的展廳合併,成為“香港大學美術博物館”。 香港大學早於一九五三年已開始搜集博物館藏品。經過多年來熱心人士捐贈和大學購 藏,博物館現今收藏了超過一千八百項具有歷史價值的藝術 品。這些藏品主要分為青銅器、陶瓷和書畫三類。 抱負 香港大學美術博物館致力為各界人士提供不同藝術和文化體驗,為香港社會提高藝術欣賞水平和加深文化修養。 使命 香港大學美術博物館認為藝術能美化人生。透過各類館藏和活動 ,教育公眾去欣賞古今中外的文化和藝術,並藉常規和非常規教育,推動 終身學習的風氣。博物館將循下列途徑達成目標: - 舉辦優秀的展覽和教育活動 - 提供藏品和服務,去進行中國文化藝術的教學和研究工作 - 迎合大學和社會的需要,去擴展藏品和服務 - 積極聯繫藝術家、收藏家、博物館從業員,以及熱心文博教育的 機構,去開拓藏品、展覽和其他教育活動 - 在推廣香港的藝術教育方面擔任領導角色 開放時間: 星期一至六,上午9時30分至下午6時 星期日下午1時至6時

Contact Person

  • Director (總監)

    Dr Knothe, Florian (羅諾德)

    Tel:
    2241 5501
    Fax:
    2546 9659
    Email:
    Language of Communication
    Written:
    English, French, German (英文、法文、德文)
    Spoken:
    English, German, French (英語、德語、法語)
  • Communication Officer (傳訊主任)

    Miss Cheung, Elena (張寶儀)

    Tel:
    2241 5512
    Fax:
    2546 9659
    Email:
    Language of Communication
    Written:
    English, Chinese (英文、中文)
    Spoken:
    English, Cantonese, Putonghua (英語、粵語、普通話)
  • Programme Assistant (活動助理)

    Miss Choi, Chelsea (蔡倩蘅)

    Tel:
    2241 5500
    Fax:
    2546 9659
    Email:
    Language of Communication
    Written:
    English, Chinese (英文、中文)
    Spoken:
    English, Cantonese (英語、粵語)
Last updated on 25/01/2017, by University Museum and Art Gallery