Arrangement for Class of 2018
Academic dress is on loan free of charge to Graduands of Class of 2018 during the loan period (before January 4, 2019). Please read all the details below carefully before downloading the loan form and authorisation form (if applicable) to borrow your academic dress at the Gown Room during their office hours.
Points to note
- Please visit Gown Room of Knowles Building to borrow your academic dress during the office hours with necessary documents (See FAQ 1 below)
- Download and fill in the loan form and authorisation form (if applicable) to borrow your academic dress
- No appointment would be needed for loan of academic dress
Return of Academic Dress
By Friday, January 4, 2019
- The borrowed academic dress must be returned to the Gown Room by Friday, January 4, 2019 during its office hours, otherwise overdue payment will be incurred (please refer to “overdue payment” session below)
- The Gown Room will extend its office hours until 7:45 pm on the following dates to facilitate the returning of academic dress:
|i.||January 2, 2019 (Wednesday)||9:00 am – 12:30 pm ; 2:30 pm – 7:45 pm|
|ii.||January 3, 2019 (Thursday)||9:00 am – 12:30 pm ; 2:30 pm – 7:45 pm|
|iii.||January 4, 2019 (Friday)||9:00 am – 12:30 pm ; 2:30 pm – 7:45 pm|
How to return your academic dress
- In person
- By your authorised person, provide him/ her with details of your English full name, degree title, student ID / HKID / passport number and your contact number
- By delivery: send by registered mail to HKU Gown Room (UG06, Knowles Building) with details of your English full name, degree title, student ID / HKID / passport number and your contact number
- Any graduate who failed to return the academic dress by January 4, 2019, will be charged an overdue payment of HK$80 per week. Pro-rata rate is not applicable, i.e. return between January 7 to 11, 2019 will incur HK$80 overdue charge; between January 14 to 18, 2019, will incur HK$160, and so on.
- Please follow the payment instruction regarding how to settle the overdue payment
- Please bring the payment advice slip and the academic dress to the Gown Room during its office hours
anchor to this FAQQ1What do I need to prepare before borrowing a set of academic dress?AnswerClose
- Come to borrow the academic dress at the Gown Room Counter set up at UG/F Foyer (outside JUPAS Office) of Knowles Building during the stipulated dates and timeslots. Please read the loan schedules carefully.
- Download and fill in the "Loan Form" in advance
- Bring your student ID, HKID or passport for verification
- Check the size of your academic dress
- Bring your own bag for academic dress. Carrying bag will NOT be provided by the Gown Room
anchor to this FAQQ2Can my academic dress be tailor-made ?AnswerClose
Yes, you can order a set from Ah Yau Tailor. Please refer to the "General Information" session for details.
anchor to this FAQQ3What if I have lost or damaged of my borrowed academic dress?AnswerClose
Alterations to the academic dress or attachments in any form are strictly forbidden. If you have lost or damaged your academic dress, please refer to the “General Information” session for payment procedure.
For enquiries, please contact the Communications and Public Affairs Office via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or at tel: 2219 4263 (9:30am to 5:30pm, Monday to Friday)